Chinos are a smart and stylish type of trousers that’s perfect for the office, a night out or any other formal occasion. But when it comes to storing them, there’s often a debate about whether you should hang or fold your chinos.
The answer to this question depends on your own preferences, as well as the material and style of your chinos. Some materials, such as cotton, linen, and rayon, are best hung up, while other fabrics, such as polyester, can be folded and stored in a drawer. Also, certain styles of chinos, such as pleated chinos, should be hung up, while flat-front chinos are better suited for folding.
No matter which method you choose, the most important thing is to make sure that your chinos are kept clean and wrinkle-free. In this blog, we’ll discuss the pros and cons of hanging and folding chinos, as well as the best way to hang them.
How do you hang chino pants?
If you decide to hang your chinos, it’s essential to do it correctly in order to keep them looking their best. Here are some tips for hanging chinos:
• Hang your chinos on a sturdy, non-slip hanger. Plastic or wire hangers are best, as they won’t warp or stretch out the fabric.
• Make sure the hanger is wide enough to fit the waistband of your chinos.
• Hang your chinos by the waistband, not the legs. This will help keep the fabric from stretching out.
• Hang your chinos in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight.
• Don’t hang your chinos too close together, as this can cause them to crease.
• To keep your chinos looking crisp and wrinkle-free, use a garment steamer or iron on a low setting.
When it comes to storing chinos, the best method is one that suits your own preferences and the style and material of your chinos. If you decide to hang your chinos, make sure you use a sturdy, non-slip hanger and hang them in a cool, dry place. If you prefer to fold your chinos, use a drawer with plenty of room and fold them neatly. Whichever method you choose, make sure to keep your chinos clean and wrinkle-free, and they’ll be ready to wear whenever you need them.