Last Updated on September 27, 2022 by Hangers Guides
Shoulder bumps are the scathing lumps between the collar and the shoulder of your shirts and sweaters. These bumps are usually brought about by an overly narrow hanger width and can make even your finest garments look disheveled and inexpert.
In this guide, we provide you with a solution for these unflattering bumps by compiling a list of the best hangers that don’t leave shoulder marks of 2022; finely made hangers that won’t ruin your clothes with folds, marks, and bumps. Keep in mind that different clothes require different hangers to protect the fabric. To maintain the shape of your suits, you need hangers that won’t stretch shoulders.
1. FLORIDA BRANDS Padded Anti Slip Hangers
These anti-slip hangers are refined, soft, and amply padded. The no-shoulder bump design does not scratch or tear at the shoulders and edges of even the finest clothing and delicate fabrics. These are perfect hangers for sweaters, party dresses, cardigans, fine suits, and more.
The padded hangers for adult women’s clothes feature a foam core that is surrounded by silky, smooth satin fabric. Gatherings on these hangers are useful in preventing delicate garments from slipping off and getting lost at the bottom of your closet where they may get dirty and rusty.
In terms of durability and quality, the satin padded hangers feature a strong chrome metal hook and solid body structure that ensures the hangers don’t sag from heavy clothes. The metal hooks keep your garments in their original shape without any creases. The premium metal hooks won’t rust or leave stains and make hanging clothes easier.
The hanger lets clothes sit naturally like they would on your shoulders. Measuring 15 inches wide, these hangers are designed to add an extra flair and personality to rather boring wardrobes. The bow detail on these hangers adds a feminine touch to an otherwise elegant hanger. Given the narrow shoulder width and the softness of this hanger, you can trust that it will not leave your shoulders with creases and bumps.
- The hangers are sold at a reasonable price.
- Does not take too much space on the rod
- Great for delicate clothes like evening dresses
- Strong, durable, and attractive with a perfect size and shape
- Gold hook allows you to stow and retrieve clothing with ease
- Adequately padded to gently hang without stress points
- Anti-slip and anti-rust.
- These hangers are said to have a similar odor as that of freshly cut wood
- Soft fabrics such as satin tend to slip off these hangers
- They are shorter than regular hangers so clothing with broad shoulders may not hang proper
- The hangers that have their inside material made of wood, break easily.
2. GiaBrend Heavy Duty Clothing Hanger Pro – 10 Pack
If you want a cloth hanger that will not leave any folds or shoulder marks, you might want to consider this 10-pack from GiaBrend.
There are several reasons why this hanger will work perfectly regardless of the weight or type of cloth that you hang on it. The first simple reason why it works is that it has a very unique design. The hanger features a different angle of the shoulders. With that design, the weight of the entire shoulder area of the cloth is distributed evenly.
Still, on the design, the hanger does not break. Instead, it folds. That makes it easier to hang clothes or remove them from the hanger. By pressing the middle part of the hanger, it folds, which makes it easy to hang clothes. You do the same when you are ready to remove clothes from the hanger.
The ability to fold also ensures that clothes do not stretch and the neckline remains intact.
It is a hanger made using ABS material with a diameter of 0.4 inches. But that’s not all. It has a smooth finish and a 3600 stainless steel swivel hook.
- Keeps clothes in the best shape
- Does not leave shoulder bumps
- A smooth finish ensures clothes are not damaged
- It folds with ease to make hanging clothes easier
- You get a lifetime warranty from the brand
- An affordable choice for you.
- Might not be good for certain clothes such as turtle necks.
3. IEOKE Velvet Clothes Hangers
The IEOKE velvet clothes hangers have a non-slip velvet surface. This efficiently prevents clothes from slipping off your hangers. It is built with an arc shoulder line design to protect the shape and fabric of your suits and its moonlike style ensures there are no wrinkles on your clothes.
These hangers are built with a super load-bearing capacity where their lightweight construction can withstand up to 10lbs. making them suitable for jackets, dresses, camisoles, pants, sweaters, and coats. Unlike conventional narrow-width hangers, these hangers feature an ultra-profile that hangs your crewnecks in a natural position.
Notched shoulders help keep the shoulders of your garments flat and smooth. This way, your clothes can be hung for months without having to worry about creases or bumps. The velvet material also gives the hanger some sort of grip on fabrics ensuring that even the softest of fabrics don’t slip off.
- They are thin and take up less room.
- They are affordable
- They are sturdy and have a good design
- They are non-slip
- They are multifunctional and great looking.
- Complaints about the velvet attracting lint
- The size is unsuited for garments with broad shoulders
- Clothes stick to hangers and hence cannot hang with ease.
4. MIZGI Premium Velvet Hangers
These shoulder-shaped velvet bump-free hangers come in a luxurious design that is slimline with hooks that can hold around 18 lbs. assuring you that it will steadily hold even the heaviest garments in your closet.
These hangers are made thicker and stronger than standard velvet hangers. Made of top-quality ABS plastic and a chrome hook that can be 360 degrees rotated. This makes sorting of clothes no matter which direction you hang them easy and fast.
The strongly attached hook makes these hangers suitable for all the clothes in your closet from your cashmere sweaters, leather coats to the finest and most delicate fabrics.
- Stronger and lighter than wood hangers
- Great for thin straps
- They are sturdy so they maintain their shape
- They will not damage your clothes.
- They are said to be slightly thin
- Cannot be used with shirt dresses.
5. GLCON Anti Slip Satin Padded Hangers
Are you looking for sweater hangers with no bumps? Look no further because these hangers are made for your sweaters. They come in a smooth, silky satin fabric around a foam core with a natural pretty bow, best material and odor bringing an end to your boring closet days.
These padded sweater hangers come in a perfect size to hold any type of apparel in its natural shape. The hook at the top is made by environmental plating to prevent rusting and staining keeping your clothes clean.
The sweater hangers are made with thick wood and a soft sponge making them strong and gentle on your fabrics. This heavy-duty design ensures that the hanger can hold up to 5kg. Making these hangers suitable for Wedding dresses, and coats, and perfect for sweaters.
- They are ant slip and anti-rust
- Amply padded with a beautiful print
- Perfect for sweaters and fine blouses
- Great quality and durability
- Offers excellent protection for fine fabrics.
6. SUPJOO Premium Velvet Hangers
SUPJOO is one of the brands that have the best hangers that don’t leave shoulder bumps on your sweaters. These are hangers that will leave your clothes looking just as they did when new. They also feature a windproof hook that is perfect for clothes with some thin straps.
The hangers also feature built-in bars that you can use to hold scarves, ties, or even necklaces. Simply use one hanger for all your clothes and accessories. You should know that these hangers are meant for more than holding your sweaters. You can also hold other clothes such as suits, jackets, as well as dresses.
Also, read: 10 Best Suit Hangers
These hangers are made with high-quality non-slip ABS plastic. They are therefore sturdy and durable so that they can hold up to 18 lbs. of clothes without a problem. Even though these hangers are stronger, they are also lighter compared to the wooden alternatives. At the same time, they will hold these clothes up to 18 lbs. and will bend because of the weight.
You should also know that the hangers are made so that they can swivel 360 degrees. A simple twist will simply rotate the clothes and the hook will not drop out. You will be able to hang your clothes facing whichever direction you want and choosing the clothes will even be easier.
- They are lighter than most alternatives
- No pointy edges that would stretch the shoulders
- Your clothes will not fall off the hangers
- No color is left on your clothes.
- There are complaints of some hangers leaving residue.
7. Cocomaya Silver Rubber Coated Hangers
These amazing hangers have a thickness of around 0.47 inches. The pack has at least 10 hangers that work well for any clothes, both male and female. The hangers have a contoured design that ensures your clothes are not left with marks. Therefore, you can choose these hangers for t-shirts, sweaters, and many more clothes.
You will notice that the construction features a silver non-slip rubber that is coated on top of a strong metallic body. The rubber is meant to avoid slipping, tearing, or snagging clothes. This hanger will hold up your heavy clothes without a challenge.
- Clothes will not slip off these hangers easily
- They are a perfect size to avoid leaving bumps
- High-quality construction
- The sturdy hangers can hold up heavy clothes
- They are also very durable.
- You might have to wrestle with the rubber when hanging clothes.
8. Amber Home Satin Padded Hangers
The design of these hangers is very beautiful. They might be the best hangers that won’t stretch shoulders. They are covered with smooth and elegant silk that is soft to the touch. They have a satin bow accent for elegance. You can be assured that they will not tear or scratch the clothes’ edges.
They are made using a solid wood base and a thicker sponge to ensure a firm hold on your clothes.
You will also notice the chrome hook that rotates 360 degrees. That ensures you have an easier time hanging your clothes and sorting them out.
- They have an amazing length for all your clothes
- The padding protects your clothes from tears and bumps
- You can smell the fresh wood on the hangers
- The construction is just beautiful.
- Some of the hangers do not have rotating hooks
- They might break easily in certain situations.
How to fix hanger bumps on sweaters?
Are hanger bumps permanent? No, here is the most common way to remove hanger bumps from sweaters is by steaming. To do this, you need a steam iron and a clean, dry cloth.
1. Place your garment on the ironing board and turn the steam setting on high.
2. Place a clean, dry cloth over the area where you want to remove the bump. The cloth should be at least 1 inch bigger than the bump itself.
3. Press down with your fingers or use a wooden spoon to flatten out the area around each bump until it is flat against your sweater’s surface.
4. Hold the iron over the cloth and allow it to produce steam for about 10 seconds before placing the tip of its soleplate directly over one of your bumps. Hold it there until you see steam rising from underneath it (this may take several seconds), then lift it up and repeat for all of your bumps until they have disappeared completely under your garment’s surface.
Make sure you don’t overheat the fabric or your sweater will shrink!
Wooden hangers And shoulder bumps
Many people believe that wooden hangers are the cause of those unsightly bumps on the shoulders of otherwise well-dressed men and women. While it’s true that wooden hangers can cause these bumps, it’s not the wood itself that’s to blame.
The problem is that most wooden hangers are too narrow to provide proper support for heavier garments such as jackets and coats. As a result, the weight of the garment pulls on the shoulders, causing the fabric to bunch up and form a ridge. Switching to wider hangers made of sturdy plastic or metal can help to eliminate this problem. Not only will your clothes hang better, but you’ll also enjoy a bump-free silhouette.
What kind of hangers prevent shoulder bumps?
Pick a hanger with a single line of smooth shoulder support rods. As long as the support rods are straight and smooth, you can use hangers made of wood, plastic, or even wire. Select a hanger with support rods that are as long as your top’s shoulder. Hangers with grooves to catch the fabric should be avoided.
Do velvet hangers prevent shoulder bumps?
Velvet hangers are a great way to keep your clothes in good shape. They prevent the usual shoulder bumps that occur when you hang clothes on plastic or wire hangers. Velvet hangers also help keep the shape of your clothing, which is especially important for things like wool suits and dresses with delicate material.
However, velvet hangers aren’t just for women’s clothing: They’re also great for men’s suits and jackets because they won’t leave marks on the shoulders. If you have a favorite suit or outfit that has been ruined by shoulder bumps, it might be time to invest in some velvet hangers.
How do you dry a shirt in a dryer without shoulder bumps?
The best way to dry a shirt is on a hanger, but that’s not always possible. When you’re forced to cram your clothes into the dryer, there are ways to get rid of those unsightly bumps in your shirts’ shoulders.
The key is to avoid over-drying your clothing. The heat from the dryer will set in any wrinkles or folds in your clothing, making them impossible to get out without some serious ironing.
In addition to using low heat settings, here are some other tips for getting rid of shoulder bumps:
Use a wrinkle releaser spray before tossing clothes into the machine. The spray will help prevent wrinkles from setting in during the drying process.
Remove clothes from the machine as soon as they’re dry— don’t wait until they’re completely dry before removing them from the dryer. This will help prevent wrinkles from setting in and make it easier to smooth out any wrinkles that remain with an iron after they’ve been removed from the machine.
Don’t overload your machine with too many items at once — this increases the chances that some pieces won’t get completely dry due to a lack of airflow around them as they tumble around inside their compartment during drying time.
Why do my hangers leave shoulder marks?
Have you ever noticed strange marks on your clothing after taking it out of the closet? Chances are, those marks were left by your hangers. But why do hangers leave marks on clothes in the first place?
The answer has to do with the material that hangers are made of. Most hangers are made of plastic or metal, both of which are relatively hard materials. When these materials come into contact with softer fabrics like cotton or wool, they can leave marks. In addition, the weight of the sweater pulls the garment down, which creates shoulder bumps, plus hangers that are too small for a piece of clothing can also cause marks by stretching the fabric.
To avoid shoulder marks, be sure to use hangers that are the appropriate size for your clothing and Made of soft materials like flannel or velour. With a little bit of care, you can keep your clothes looking their best.
We have all had to deal with bumps on our clothes, which is always such a mess. You do not feel confident when you have bumps on your shoulders. That is why you need these amazing hangers. We hope that you will find the right hangers for your cloth.